If you’ve ever read or left a comment on this site, you’ve probably noticed that some of the commenters appear with a profile pic, while others appear with a generic square. Maybe you’ve even wondered how to attach your own profile picture so your comment becomes more personal. Because this blog is powered by WordPress, adding a profile picture is pretty easy – and, if you add your profile picture here, it will also appear on other WordPress sites where you leave comments.
Follow these instructions:
- Navigate to www.gravatar.com. Gravatar is a service that synchs your profiles across many sites on the web based on your email address.
- Click on the “Sign In” button in the upper right corner.
- Gravatar will ask you if you have a wordpress.com account (unless you have a WordPress blog, you might not have one). If you do have a wordpress.com account, sign in using your credentials. If you don’t have an account, click on the “Need Account” link. Put in your email address and select a password.
- Gravatar will send you a confirmation email to make sure that the email address you used is valid. Open the email and follow the instructions to confirm your address.
- Once you have confirmed your address, you will be logged in to your WordPress account and Gravatar. The first screen you see should ask you to upload your image. Follow the instructions to upload an image.
That’s it. Once you’ve created your profile picture, the picture will automatically appear in your comments (if you use your email address to post the comment).
Having a profile picture with your comments makes the conversation on the site feel more personal.
Feel free to post a picture of yourself or of your art!by